Rubeling & Associates designed the gut and complete renovation of this 12,000sf, two story, stone building dating back to the 1880’s. Originally a horse and carriage stable, Mt. St. Mary’s University had converted the building into classrooms and an art studio on the first floor with staff offices on the second. Rubeling & Associates designed the renovation, which required all new HVAC, electrical, and fire protection engineering coordination, to also include a new roof, handicapped accessibility, and former loading dock transformed into a student porch. The “newer” section of the building, added in 1980, was upgraded from aluminum siding to a stone veneer. A cupola was also added to complement the many others on campus.